Sunday, July 3, 2011

Knitting Progress


I've made a little bit of progress on my Summer Mystery Shawlette but not as much as I'd hoped.  Mike keeps renting action &/or thriller movies and I haven't quite mastered the ability to focus on my knitting while I focus on the TV.  I think I'm about at the halfway point.  Each row gets slightly shorter than the previous row so it should go pretty quickly.   Specially if I could stay away from the TV screen.  I am still LOVING! the yarn, btw.  It's got just enough variation in the color to keep me entertained without becoming stripy or patterned in anyway.

I've also made a little progress on my Pi shawl.   It's up to 576 stitches per row now, but I still have another 40 rows to go before I start the bind-off edging.  In other words, I'm probably not even at the halfway point stitch wise.  I also hope & pray that it looks a lot better once it's blocked because it sure doesn't look like much now.


The one thing I have managed to get finished is a stealth project.  In lieu of a photo of the actual project, here's the left over yarn.


When I started, that bag was so full it would barely zip closed.  There's probably just enough left to make a hat or two.  The yarn is a wool/cotton mix.  It was originally a sweater kit that I'd bought long ago.  I'd started the sweater but was no where close to gauge and rather than frogging it & starting over, I'd tossed  the knitted fabric & stashed the remainder of the yarn.  Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the results of my stealth project and can't wait to show pictures of it.

Meanwhile, Max is concerned by that top photo that you'll think he's lazy.  He wanted this one posted as well,

No comments:

Post a Comment