Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's so humid...

How humid is it?

I went for a walk last night instead of a run because it was just WAY too hot & humid to even consider running.  I reached to the first major hill, a hill that I no longer have any trouble running up.  Half way up that hill, I thought I was going to die.  I could barely breathe and was seriously considering turning around and going back home.  There was no oxygen in the air!   Good grief!  It was so humid I felt like I was drowning.  Or like I'd suddenly developed a major case of asthma.  Or like I had pneumonia.  Phew!  It was humid.  And the sweat!  Good Lord!  I've gone on runs and sweated less than I did just walking around the neighborhood.  And my pace!  Good grief!  Normally my walks are around 15 minute miles, but I was hitting closer to 22 minute miles last night.  22 minute miles and barely able to catch my breath.  Good grief!

I just hope someone reminds me of last night's awful walk this winter when I'm complaining about how cold it is.

To take my mind off the heat, a reminder of what it could be...

No comments:

Post a Comment