Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Craigslist Rant

I don't rant very often, well, ok, my family may beg to differ on that, but I don't rant publicly.  Not often.  But I'm about ready to go postal and start shooting.

I applied for several administrative assistant type jobs on Craigslist the other day and two of them were spam / scam ads.  I'm now receiving a daily email from some guy, who's name & email address change daily, who tells me WAY more about his company than is normal and he keeps going on & on about how his business that takes him to Iraq & Afghanistan is not illegal and then he talks about his oil business, although the position was for an art store.   And to top it off, he wants my bank account info so he can send me a paycheck.  Of course, he wants me to act as his secretary from my own home & his advertised art store doesn't exist.  If I just send him my bank info, he'll send me a list of tasks he wants done.  Yeah, that'll happen.  Oh, and did I mention, he's supposedly some big international wheeling & dealing business man although Google has never heard of him?  Hell, my name shows up on Google multiple times and I'm no where near an international business person.   Argh!

And then there's the bozo who keeps texting me.  He likes to text me several times a day and he doesn't state his name or company's name.  All he does say is that he has a job offer for me & I need to call him back at a 900 number.  You know, one of those numbers that charges you to call it.  And the thing about this one is that he says he's getting in touch about the "clerical" position.  None of the jobs I applied for used the term "clerical" so I have no idea which one it was so I can't complain to Craigslist.   Oh, and when I Googled the number the texts come from, I didn't find a name, but I did find many, many other people being hassled by this guy.  Argh!

Regular spam is bad enough, but this nonsense is making me freaking crazy.  These people should just be tortured to within an inch of their lives then tortured some more.

Ok, rant over.  Until the next time my phone rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment