Tuesday, July 5, 2011

BBQ Sauce Explosion

Hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day.  Ours was rather low key due to the high humidity levels and massive T-storms, yet oddly, today I am finding BBQ sauce on surfaces I didn't even know we had.  The darn stuff is everywhere!

And of course, rather than spending the morning wiping up BBQ sauce, I spent it knitting and completed my second Summer Mystery shawl.


Unblocked, it measures 30 inches across the top & 18 inches down the center.  Can't wait to see how much it grows when I block it.  For that matter, I can't wait to see what it looks like in general after being blocked.  I'm still utterly amazed how wetting & stretching a jumbled up mess turns said mess into a much larger, beautiful piece of lace.  Unfortunately, before I can block it, I have to clean up a bit more BBQ sauce.  :(

I had just a bit of yarn left over.


See?  The leftover yarn is smaller than my trackpad.  I wonder if there's enough yarn there to knit the heels & toes of a pair of socks.  Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment