Sunday, August 8, 2010

They say it's a woman's prerogative

Changing your mind - they say it's a woman's prerogative, but apparently, it's a man's too.  After having argument after argument about the cost of our TV and whether we spend too much time in front of it or not, Hubby finally won the argument.  And of course, he made me call to cancel the service.  It was in my name after all.

So, I call and arrange to have it canceled on Friday which just happened to be the last day of our billing cycle.  I blogged about in on Thursday and told my husband I'd done it.  I'd talked to the kids about it and acknowledged that the first week of no TV was likely to be pretty hellacious, but we'd adjust and I was actually kinda, sorta looking forward to it.  The kids weren't overly pleased, but they were on board.  Sort of.

Then Hubby sat down to watch his nightly news and got to thinking about life without TV.  And he got scared.  Scared like a little girl.  By 8:00 a.m. on Friday morning, he was on the phone to the TV people canceling the cancellation order.

So yes, I am watching mindless TV as I type this.

No comments:

Post a Comment