Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lounge Puppies




Ahhh, the joys of summer.  While the kids haven’t finished all their school work yet, they have finished all their out of the house classes.  We now have no where we officially have to be.  This is my favorite time of year.  I think I enjoy this first week of not having to be anywhere even more than I enjoy Christmas.  And you know how worked up I get about Christmas!
This year, the first week of not having to be anywhere is even better.  It’s been raining!  Every morning has been slightly stormy.  Perfect sleeping weather.  And we don’t have to be anywhere so we get to stay in our PJ’s, under the covers and enjoy the rain blowing in the windows that we are too lazy to get up and shut.  I am absolutely loving it!
And what’s even better is that by mid afternoon, the sun pops out.  I can sleep all morning and run in the sun in the afternoon.  And I don’t have to feel guilty about not going for that long run because the sun doesn’t stick around.  It’s only a few hours before the clouds reform and another T-storm blows through.  I really am loving this weather!
Of course, I’ll probably be bored out of my mind in another day or so.  And I do wonder if I’m starting to mold.  And it won’t be long before we are extremely hungry.  I tend to do the grocery shopping while the kids are at their out of the house classes.  With no where to be, we don’t go to the store.  I just keep saying that we’ll go the next time we are out.  But we don’t go out.  Before long, I’ll be trying to figure out how to feed a family of four on a jar of olives, some celery salt and a package of Jell-o.  But hey, as long as we have toilet paper, life is good!
And now, it’s raining again.  I think I’ll crawl back under the covers.  Have I mentioned how much I enjoy the first week of summer vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment