Thursday, May 26, 2011

Doh!


Okay, I realize that I'm mixing my cartoons, but...

Doh!  What a maroon!

A hot, sweaty maroon!  I came into some cash today.  And as it usually happens when I come into a little  extra cash, my Verizon bill is due and we are about out of groceries.  Rather than make a special trip to the bank, I counted out enough cash to pay Verizon and to do the grocery shopping and drove the 40+ minute drive to BJ's in a car with no air conditioning on a 95 degree day.  Yes, we were that low on groceries!

I arrived at BJ's feeling like a huge puddle of melted lard.  I walked up to the Verizon counter and prepared to pay my bill.  I got out my wallet and....  no cash.  NO FREAKING CASH!

You have got to be kidding me!  And the mental image hit me in the face.  I had not counted out the cash  needed for shopping and phone payments and put it in my wallet.  I'd counted out the cash needed for shopping and phone payments, stacked it neatly, then put it back in the envelope with all the other cash, then stuffed the envelope in a drawer.  Crud.

Double Crud.

Triple, freaking, what a maroon, crud.

And back home I went.

The only good thing about the experience is that I'm so hot and sweaty and irritated with myself that I'm not the least bit hungry.

1 comment: