Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Not the Best Choice

I've once again proved that your choice of yarn has a huge impact on the success of your project.  The first time I knit a Meadow Flowers shawl I used a solid color lace weight yarn and the project turned out great.  Extra great actually, because it was my first attempt at lace.  I enjoyed the pattern so much that I knit it again.  But this time, I used Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sock yarn in the Icehouse color way.  Big mistake.  Here it is, unblocked when I was still slightly hopeful that the yarn wasn't too busy for the pattern.


And here, blocked, not looking so great.


The pattern is completely lost in the busyness of the color variegation.  Oh well, I assume someone at the local homeless shelter will be able to use it.  And, believe it or not, I still have plenty more yarn.  I have no idea why, but I had enough of that particular yarn to have knit eight king sized bedspreads.  And I'd already knit myself two pair of socks and a felted bag with it.  All I can say is, it must have been a Hell of a sale!  I have no idea why else I'd have bought so much of the same color of sock yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment