Monday, March 14, 2011

The Hunger Games


I LOVE this series!  Well, ok, I love the first two books in the series.  I'll be starting the third and final book as soon as I finish typing this.  I'm so glad a friend of mine recommended it because it's not the kind of book I'd have ever picked up on my own.  First of all, it's classified as "young adult" and then there's the story's description - sounds rather depressing and just not my style.  But...  just a few pages into The Hunger Games and I was hooked.  I've laughed and cried and have thought quite a bit about just how grateful I am for the lifestyle I lead.  If you haven't read this series yet, I strongly urge you to.
http://www.amazon.com/Hunger-Games-Suzanne-Collins/dp/0439023483

There is a problem, however.  I'll probably finish Mockingjay, the final book of the series, tonight  or tomorrow and that means I'll need something else to read.  And yes, I have that list of 89+ books waiting for me, but.... They are waiting for me for a reason.  Mainly because they are books I'm not really thrilled about reading.  They are mostly either historical or scientific, and while educating myself is always a good thing, those types of books don't exactly hold my attention,  They aren't the type of book where I have to call in sick because I want to stay home & keep reading.     A few of the other books on my list are stories that have been turned into great movies, which I've seen quite a few times, and now I'm having trouble forcing myself to read the book.  So, I feel the need for a new author or series to obsess over.  Got any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment