Monday, November 15, 2010

101 Goals Update

Wow.  I can't get over how motivating having that list of 101 goals to accomplish in 1001 days is.  While I haven't fully accomplished many goals yet, I've been steadily working on small parts of many of them.  I think this 101 goals project is going to fit my personality quite nicely.  I love making lists and checking tasks off as they are completed.  I get a real sense of accomplishment seeing all those little check marks add up.  But, I'm also immature enough to hate being told what to do.  I hate "having" to do something and I'll drag my feet and kick and scream and do pretty much anything to avoid doing what I "have" to do.  But by having 101 goals and the huge, long list of Next Action items that goes along with it, I experience the best of both worlds.  I have a list, I get to check things off and I have plenty of options to choose from.  There is nothing on that list that "has" to be done today.  I'm really liking my list.

And having said that, I can go check off, "Blog at least once a week."  Yay.

If you think you might be interested in starting your own list, visit http://101goalsin1001days.com/about/ for the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment