Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day Blues

Today was to be our first day of school, homeschool that is.  Every day, every stinking day over the summer, I woke up between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m.  Today, I woke up at 8:49 a.m.  Two hours behind schedule before we'd even started.  Sheesh.

And it's raining.  As in pouring buckets.  We've already had way more rain than we received in the recent hurricane.   It's really hard to wake up and get excited about 'back to school' when it's pouring buckets of water outside and the house is all dark and cozy on the inside.

Another drawback to the first day of school this year - I realized my little bitty baby girl is officially a high schooler this year.  Ouch!  How did that happen?

The majority of our text books haven't arrived yet.  All we have on hand is spelling, history & math.  Guess which two subjects are everyone's least favorite.  You got it, history & math.

It's only lunch time & I'm already seriously jonesing for some knitting time.  There's also a book sitting there on the coffee table screaming for me to finish reading it.

Maybe we'll just start school next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment